About Me

Hello! My name is Amanda Bentley. I am in my third year at the University of South Alabama studying to be an elementary school teacher. I believe that teachers are born and not made and that they are highly under appreciated. Teachers are the basis of the future. To help myself and any other teacher or future teacher, here are a couple of teaching tools that I find to be helpful and fun. Enjoy!

Thursday, October 23, 2008

Music in the Classroom

I have always felt that young students should have the opportunity to experience as much as they can to find themselves and what they have interest in. One way is through music. Studies have shown that different types of music and promote moods. Such as loud face pace music makes people antsy and wanting to move. Other types like classical can inspire a calming mood. How can this be helpful you may ask? Well if you have 17 third graders who are working on a projects together you may want to play some music softly in the background. Also music can be a great way of remembering things. Things like the planets of the solar system can be put to a song to remember. SO music in the classroom is a defiantly a plus in my book.

No comments: