About Me

Hello! My name is Amanda Bentley. I am in my third year at the University of South Alabama studying to be an elementary school teacher. I believe that teachers are born and not made and that they are highly under appreciated. Teachers are the basis of the future. To help myself and any other teacher or future teacher, here are a couple of teaching tools that I find to be helpful and fun. Enjoy!

Thursday, October 23, 2008

Blogs in the Classroom

This semester I have learned so much about blogging and why it is useful. I think it would be great to have a blog for my class someday. I love literature and my class will read plenty of stories but we might not always have time to discuss it in class. That is where the blog will come in handy. The students can then go home and post on the blog their thoughts of the book and also comment on what others thought. This is also a great way for the students who really don't feel comfortable speaking up in class to say what they think without them being uncomfortable. That is how I think blogs could be very helpful.

No comments: