About Me

Hello! My name is Amanda Bentley. I am in my third year at the University of South Alabama studying to be an elementary school teacher. I believe that teachers are born and not made and that they are highly under appreciated. Teachers are the basis of the future. To help myself and any other teacher or future teacher, here are a couple of teaching tools that I find to be helpful and fun. Enjoy!

Thursday, October 30, 2008

Facebook in the Classroom

For those of you who do not know what facebook is I will explain. Facebook is a website where you can have a profile and make friends, similar to myspace. I had always used facebook to keep up with friends and family but my freshmen year of college a new way was shown to me. I was in a large history class and the professor made a "group" on facebook just for our class. We were able to go there and see notes, chat with others in the class and even ask our teacher questions. It was so easy to use and very helpful. I have thought about doing this in my class someday. Making a facebbok group that only my class could join. I could post homework, future assignments, and special events that may even be coming up. Not only is this helpful for the students but also for the parents as well because we all know that sometimes letters sent home by the students is not always received by the parents. If you are interested in viewing facebook and maybe joining all you have to do is have a valid e-mail address and go to www.facebook.com. The best part is, IT IS FREE!!

No comments: