About Me

Hello! My name is Amanda Bentley. I am in my third year at the University of South Alabama studying to be an elementary school teacher. I believe that teachers are born and not made and that they are highly under appreciated. Teachers are the basis of the future. To help myself and any other teacher or future teacher, here are a couple of teaching tools that I find to be helpful and fun. Enjoy!

Thursday, October 23, 2008

Special Education

Some of you may wonder about children with special needs in your classroom, and what projects you would be able to use in the classroom. All the things I have mentioned before are great if you have students with special needs. Music and art are ways that they do not have to to be so strictly graded and can give a sense of accomplishment. The facebook and blog are ways that can have the parents help. Have them come in for a conference and explain what they are and how they can help. Most parents especially ones with children who have special needs will be more than happy to help. So do be afraid to try new things.

No comments: